Monday, February 16, 2009

Childhood Fear!

When I was around 5 years old, I was always afraid of getting robbed then being kidnapped in the process. I saw it happen in movies and on TV so I thought it could happen to me, couldn't it? I always hated nights because that’s when I thought this would happen. I had two doors to my room and one was right by the backdoor. Even though we always locked all the doors at night, I still had the fear, I mean I was the one with the room closest to any of the outside doors and if someone were to rob my house, I’d be the first room they’d hit besides the kitchen. So one day before my mom came home I pushed my dresser in front of the door that leads to the backdoor, hoping it would keep the bad guys out, which it did. I was never robbed or kidnapped but as a young child with a room next to the backdoor, I had every right to be scared. I think the fear of being kidnapped or robbed related to our book because Piggy's glasses get taken from him all the time to start a fire and someone even breaks them. Also because if I was a younger child on this island, I'd be afraid of getting kidnapped by some weird tribe who was already on the island and never being found again, even though the island they're on is completely empty of other people!

4 comments:

  1. That closet probably would have scared just about anyone! You might not want to read Truman Capote's 'In Cold Blood'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used to be scared of that kind of thing when i was little and had my own room =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ask me, that's a horrible place to have a bedroom. That actually sounds really scary! Now I'll remember to lock all of my doors Sarah! Muchos Gracias! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and how cool is it that you included a map!

    ReplyDelete